We would like to touch on Brooks Addiction vs Adrenaline GTS comparison in this article. Both running shoes are highly supportive and comfortable. So, we would like to list the key differences between them and help you ease your decision for Addiction or Adrenaline.
Here is the table, we have put together to help you better understand Brooks Addiction vs Adrenaline GTS comparison:
|Comparison of #||Adrenaline GTS 22||Addiction GTS 15|
|Our Selection for||Supportive Daily Trainer||Best for Heavy Body Weights|
|Feel||Balanced Cushioning (2/3)||Plush Cushioning (3/3)|
|Flexibility||Moderate (3/5)||Flexible (4/5)|
|Camparest Expert Review||In-depth Review||In-depth Review|
|Deals & Discounts||Rates Men’s / Women’s||Rates Men’s / Women’s|
The main difference between the Brooks Addiction GTS 15 and the Adrenaline GTS 22 is the midsole design. The Addiction GTS 15 has BioMoGo DNA material in its midsole which keeps a good balance between softness and responsiveness. On the other hand, the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 22 has dual foam in its midsole which combines BioMoGo DNA and DNA Loft together. The DNA Loft is the softest foam material which is developed by the Brooks. It is a combination of EVA foam, air and rubber. So, can we conclude that the Adrenaline GTS 22 is softer than the Addiction GTS 15? Not, exactly! The Addiction GTS 15 has a straighter last adding support and has a higher stack height which makes it softer than Adrenaline GTS 22. Because of the same reason, the Addiction GTS is heavier but more protective (from impact) than the Adrenaline GTS.
To sum up, the Addiction GTS is designed especially for the severe pronation, it includes motion control. On the other hand, the Adrenaline GTS does not correct your stride directly; but it gives support your hips, knees and joints to move naturally.
Short Review for Brooks Addiction:
We definitely recommend Addiction GTS 15 to anyone looking for maximizing the comfort and support on each stride. There is also one more factor which makes the Addiction GTS 15 unique. And it is very suitable for the heavy body weights.
Pros for Addiction GTS 15:
- GuideRails Technology for Holistic Support
- Great for Heavy Body Weight and Severe Pronation
- Plush Feeling – Top Comfort
- Extremely Durable
Cons for Addiction GTS 15:
- Heavy compared to its contenders
- Not so breathable
Related Article: In-depth Review for Addiction GTS 15
Short Review for Brooks Adrenaline GTS 22
The Brooks Adrenaline GTS 22 is an ideal runner for road running, cross training, the gym or daily train. It is the best everyday training shoes for the ones seeking support while training.
Pros for Adrenaline GTS 22:
- Guide Rails Holistic Support
- Super stable and supportive
- Very comfortable
- Smoother and softer than its predecessor (GTS 20)
- Updated Air Mesh Upper: Lighter / Breathable / Snug Fit
- Roomy for toe splay
Cons for Adrenaline GTS 22
- Heavier than the average of the running shoes we tested (But still lighter than the Addiction GTS 15)
- Lacks responsiveness compared to its contenders in the same class
- Rubbing on the bare skin (upper)
Related Article: In-depth Review for Brooks Adrenaline GTS 22
Brooks Addiction GTS 15 vs Adrenaline GTS 22
Both Addiction GTS 15 and Adrenaline GTS 22 are made to accommodate for over-pronation. So, in this section, we would like to highlight the key differences between them based on our hands on test and first impression:
- The Adrenaline GTS 22 is a cushioned daily trainer. However, the Addiction GTS 15 is especially designed to control motion. By this way, it can overcome severe over-pronation issue.
- Speaking of cushioning, the midsole design of these two shoes are different. The Addiction GTS uses BioMoGo which provides a balanced softness and responsiveness. On the other hand, the Adrenaline uses dual foam structure on its sole which combines the DNA Loft with the BioMoGo.
- The Addiction GTS 15 is heavier than the Adrenaline GTS 22. But considering the flexibility and cushioning, the Addiction GTS is more plush (due to Ultimate Sockliner) and flexible in comparison to Adrenaline GTS.
- The Adrenaline GTS 22 has 3D Fit Print upper which offers support in each stride. It also has heel counter which helps to secure heel fit and offers comfort. On the other hand, the Addiction GTS 15 has Synthetic Overlays which gives snugger and secure fit through midfoot.
Bottom-line for Brooks Addiction vs Adrenaline GTS Comparison
Our verdict for Brooks Addiction vs Adrenaline comparison: If you need a shoe to relief severe over-pronation, you can go with Brooks Addiction GTS 15. However, if you are looking for solid support shoe through your training, then the Adrenaline GTS 22 will be a better option to consider.
It is good to note that before making your final decision; the Addiction GTS is designed especially for the severe pronation, it includes motion control. On the other hand, the Adrenaline GTS does not correct your gait pattern directly; but it gives support your hips, knees and joints to move naturally. You can also consider checking out our “Best Running Shoes for Men & Women” article to get a clear picture of the great running shoes o