This time, we will be comparing the Fitbit Charge 5 vs Luxe and list the key differences between them. So that both smart watches are mid-level fitness tracker of Fitbit. However, due to some reasons such as the functionality, look and the price tag, the Fitbit Charge 5 looks like more preferable in comparison to the Fitbit Luxe.
Here is the main differences between the Fitbit Charge 5 and Luxe that needs to be highlighted:
- The most notable difference between the Fitbit Charge 5 and the Luxe is the design intend. Basically, the Luxe has a sleek design and is targeting female market. On the other hand, the Charge 5 is more functional and has a unisex look.
- The Fitbit Charge 5 has a longer battery-life compared to the Luxe.
- The Luxe lacks Near Field Communication (NFC) feature which is being used to transfer data between devices that are close to each other. Again, the Luxe has no GPS. So, you will need to bring your smartphone to track your route during workout. When it comes to the Charge 5, it includes both NFC and GPS.
- Another difference between the Fitbit Charge 5 and Luxe is the ECG and EDA sensors. The ECG sensor records the electrocardiogram and shows data of your heart beat which is a great feature for a fitness tracker watch. Even some premium watches of Garmin lack this feature, whereas you can get it with the Fitbit Charge 5. About the EDA sensor, it measures the electrodermal activity and checks the electrical changes on your skin to measure your stress level. Long story short, both ECG and EDA sensors are built into the Charge 5. On the other hand, the Luxe is missing these features.
- Because of the extra sensors and features that comes with only Charge 5, the Charge 5 is more expensive than the Luxe. You can check the latest deals & rates on Amazon via following links: Fitbit Charge 5 / Fitbit Luxe
To sum up, since the functionality is more important than the looking for us, we found the Fitbit Charge 5 better than the Fitbit Luxe. However, you may think otherwise. Here, we have listed the key points and the differences between the Fitbit Charge 5 and Luxe in the table below:
|Comparison of #||Fitbit Charge 5||Fitbit Luxe|
|Selection for||Mid-Level Fitness Tracker||Stylish Fitness Tracker|
|Price||Check Rates on Amazon||Check Rates on Amazon|
|Battery-life||Up to 7 days||Up to 5 days|
|On-wrist Fitbit Pay||Yes||No|
|Heart Rate Monitoring||Yes||Yes|
|Compatible with iOS and Android||Yes||Yes|
|Skin Temperature Variation||Yes||Yes|
|SpO2 (Blood Oxygen)||Yes||Yes|
|Water Resistance||50 meters||50 meters|
|Sleep tracking and Score||Yes||Yes|
|Text, call & app notification||Yes||Yes|
|Store & Play Music||No||No|
|Alexa & Google Assistant||No||No|
Similar Article: Fitbit Watches that can store and play music-Fitbit Sense vs Versa 3 Compared
Bottom-line for Fitbit Charge 5 vs Luxe Comparison
If you are wondering which one is better, the Charge 5 or the Luxe, here is our verdict:
We do prefer the Charge 5 over the Luxe. Because the Charge 5 has more battery-life, larger screen and pixels. It has also GPS, EDA and ECG sensors. Especially, the GPS sensor is very important to us during walking or running exercises.
However, if you are looking for just a simple fitness tracker watch, then the EDA and ECG sensors could be overkill, and you may not need them.
So, if you are asking which one to pick, best way is to decide whether you are looking for a stylish and sleek design or a functional fitness tracker. You can go with the Fitbit Luxe, if you are looking for a sleek design. Otherwise, the functionality of the Fitbit Charge 5 is outstanding.
You may also want to check out following articles to find out how the other darn good smartwatches are doing: