After an extensive use of it, it is time to share our thoughts on Patagonia Tres 3 in 1 Parka Review. First of all, the Tres 3 in 1 is a feature rich winter jacket. It has tons of pockets and is very durable. We strongly recommend checking out the following table that we have put together to help you better understand the feature rich design and overall performance of the Tres 3 in 1 Parka.
|Review for||Arc’teryx Thorsen||Arc’teryx Therme||Arc’teryx Camosun||Patagonia Tres 3 in 1||North Face McMurdo 2 Parka|
|Price Tag||Check Rates on Amazon||Check Rates on Amazon||Check Rates on Amazon||Check Rates on REI||Check Rates on Amazon|
|Our Selection For||The Most Popular||The Most Comfortable||Top Notch||The Feature Rich Jacket||Best Budged|
|Weight||2.42 lbs||2.28 lbs||2.12 lbs||2.88 lbs||4.2 lbs|
|Fill Power||750-fill Goose Down||750-fill Goose Down||750-fill Goose Down||700-fill Goose Down||550|
|Number of Pockets||2 Hand Zip|
|2 Hand Pockets|
1 Chest Pocket
|2 Zippered Hand|
|2 zippered hand-warmer|
1 external chest
Inner: 2 hand Zip
1 interior Zip
| 2 chest height|
2 exterior top-entry Velcro flap pockets
1 interior media pocket
2 side-entry waist handwarmers
|In-depth Review||Arc’teryx Thorsen Parka Review||Arc’teryx Therme Parka Review||Arc’teryx Camosun Parka Review||Check it||North Face McMurdo 2 Review|
Related Article: Patagonia vs Arc’teryx Complete List of Comparison
Related Article: Patagonia or North Face, which one is better?
Long Story Short: Our Review Patagonia Tres 3 in 1 Parka
Hello guys this is Aaron Woock! I ordered Patagonia Tres 3 in 1 Parka, because I bought the women’s 3 in 1 for my wife and she loves it. Based on that I decided to purchase the Tres 3 in 1 in the men’s version.
I originally bought the city commuter parka from Patagonia and exchanged it for this coat, which I like much more overall. I cans say that It is now by far my new favorite jacket. Tres 3 in 1 Parka is super comfy, stylish, and looks great. It got shipped here super quickly as well. Although it can be used as a ski or snowboarding jacket, I use it mainly for commuting.
It’s not as warm as the city commuter parker and the insulation does not extend over the hips, nor into the hood. So, you do need to layer underneath it on extra cold days. But I like the convertibility of this coat much more and I believe the water resistance is stronger, which is important to me.
Patagonia Tres 3 in 1 Parka has lots of pockets. I like the breast pocket design on this coat much more than the city commuter parker, which has this odd design where you need to slide items in from the outside, rather than from the middle where the zipper is.
I liked the soft feel of the pockets and how easy it is to convert to a shell by removing the insulated down inner part. When layered I stayed perfectly warm. I didn’t notice any cold spots. The build quality is superior to any other coat I’ve owned.
Patagonia makes awesome stuff, and this jacket is no exception. However, the sizing on this is what you need to be careful. It fits comfortable enough to me, but you should consider this: Based on some customer insights, the jacket is a bit large.
Also, when I remove inner jacket from the outer, I noticed the inner was unwearable on its own, as the waist was far too baggy. It looked like I was wearing a skirt (not quite, but you get the picture). In such a case, I recommend to contacted Patagonia to get more available size for you.
Overall, this jacket fits well, looks nice enough to wear and it is water repellent. The pockets are also generous in size.
Some Customer Insights for Patagonia Tres 3 in 1 Parka
- I initially saw this coat at Patagonia, but they did not have it in the size and color I wanted. Luckily Backcountry did. It fits like any other Patagonia coat typically does. I am 6 foot, 210 lbs, and ordered a Large. It fits me a bit on the slim-side, which is what I was looking for (did not want a bulky oversized coat). Many of my other Patagonia jackets and sweaters have also been size Large. The past few days in the North East have been particularly cold, and I sometimes have to wait outdoors for 15 – 20 minutes, but this jacket will certainly keep you warm. It has a great length, hitting mid-thigh. I’ve noticed, as other reviewers have, that the zipper seems a bit taught, but not to the extent that it has bothered me. Also amazing is the customer service. I received a call shortly before my jacket shipped to see if there was anything else that could be done and, if the jacket was too snug when it arrived, steps to take to ensure a swift exchange.
- I bought a medium since I am 5-10, 170 lbs medium build. The jacket was form fitting in the body but a bit snug in the armpits so I ordered a large. The large fits more generously, but is still snug in the armpits…maybe it’s my oddly shaped body or maybe it’s the form of the jacket that requires that concession to allow for better overall mobility. Other than that nitpicking the jacket(s) are comfortable, warm and versatile for cold and/or any rainy conditions in the city for work and standing on the sidelines during kid’s sports.
- Bought this jacket for my husband and he LOVES it. He has been wearing this jacket every single day going to work, casual outing and even to ski resort. Kudos to Patagonia and Backcountry team for this product! Thumbs up! One minor complain that my husband has is the zip. It is hard to engage during initial pull up.
- My package was reading that it was delivered a week before Christmas but it was nowhere to be found. I called Patagonia and the customer service Team was AMAZING. They overnighted a new jacket to my house in time for Christmas. I couldn’t be more impressed with their support. This was a gift for my boyfriend – he absolutely loves it and couldn’t be happier with the jacket. Highly recommend!
Patagonia Tres 3 in 1 Parka Customer Rating 4.7 out of 5 Star based on 26 customer experiences.
Pros/Cons based on the survey are as follows:
- It has proven to be very waterproof, the insulation is a good compromise for warmth and activity
- It is a little longer cut than I would like- Kind of Large
- The insulation in the sleeves seems a little light.
The Purpose of Usage of Patagonia Tres 3 in 1 Parka based on 26 Customer Reviews:
- Casual Wear,
Technical Details of Patagonia Tres 3 in 1 Parka
- Durable 2-layer H2No® Performance Standard shell has a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and a waterproof/breathable barrier that adds mountaineering-level storm protection
- Inside lining wicks moisture, dries quickly and glides smoothly over layers
- 2-way front zipper is protected by an external storm flap
- Adjustable and removable hood; stand-up collar with a microfleece-lined chin flap
- Glued, drop-in hand warmer pockets with zippers and magnetic snap-flap closures; 2 security chest pockets
- Glued, adjustable cuffs with snap closures
- P-6 logo on left
- Zip-out jacket attaches to the shell via the front zipper and snapped loops at the cuffs and neck
- Liner jacket (Zip-out) has horizontal quilting and recycled down (700-fill-power duck and goose down reclaimed from down products) to warm the coldest city nights
- Zip-out jacket has a stand-up collar and zipper garage
- Hand warmer pockets lined with soft microfleece secure with zippers; left-chest security pocket; internal chest pocket doubles as a stuff sack with a carabiner clip-in loop
- Hem adjusts with hidden cords routed inside hand pockets
- Shell jacket is thigh length; zip-out jacket is hip length
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewing means this was made in a Fair Trade approved facility, which promotes safe working conditions and sustainable livelihoods
|Technical Specs for||Patagonia Tres 3 in 1 Parka|
|Fabric||Polyester (50% recycled)|
|Lining Fabric||Recycled polyester|
|Type Of Waterproofing||2-layer H2No Performance waterproof breathable laminate|
|3 in 1 Jacket||Yes|
|Removable Liner Fabric||Downproof ripstop recycled polyester|
|Removable Liner Insulation||700-fill-power recycled down|
|Sustainability||Contains recycled materials, Fair Trade Certified™ sewing|
Patagonia Tres 3 in 1 Parka SIZING-YOUR BODY MEASUREMENTS IN INCHES:
Check the Below Table For Your Size Before Order. Varies depending on style. Measurements are stated in inches unless otherwise indicated.
Conclusion for Patagonia Tres 3 in 1 Parka
I bought Patagonia Tres 3 in 1 Parka fully knowing that it’s a jack-of-all-trades sort of jacket, and may not master anything to perfection, and it does exactly that. It is warm enough as a combination for pretty cold days and easily adjustable to the situation. About my only real complaint is that the zippers are plain zippers for the body of the jacket. Thought it’d be a water-proof zipper. But as far as I know, in this situation the flap should cover water spillage in that situation and it’s less of a hassle.
Anyway, this jacket is good enough, if you know in where and which case you will wear it. Also, customer service provided by Patagonia is impeccable. Keep up the great work!
By Aaron Woock,
If you buy the products through our links, we will make money to buy a new product for review and present you our experience. You will not be extra charged.
Please get in contact with us for any question or any advice to improve this post.
Patagonia Tres 3 in 1 Parka: Q&A
The zip-out liner jacket is recycled down that is 700-fill-power duck and goose down reclaimed from down products.
Clothing does not have a temperature rating. There are too many factors (layering other clothes or level of exertion or weather) that can determine the warmth of the jacket.
However, it could be reasonably assumed that this jacket (with just a baselayer) would be appropriate for most people down to around freezing temperatures.
If you layer more clothing, engage in high exertion physical activity, or are a person that tends to run warmer, then this jacket could be a a good piece in a system of below freezing clothing.