We compared Coros Pace 2 vs Garmin Forerunner 55 and would like to share the key differences between them. To begin with, both the Pace 2 and Forerunner 55 are the entry-level running watch and they are the same from the price-point. At first glance, considering the battery-life and the incorporated sensors, the Coros Pace 2 looks better than the Garmin Forerunner 55. However, from the point of overall performance and the smart watch features, the Forerunner 55 takes the lead in comparison the Pace 2.
Here is the table we have put together to help you better understand Coros Pace 2 vs Garmin Forerunner 55 comparison:
|Comparison of#||Garmin Forerunner 55||Coros Pace 2|
|Latest Price Tag||Rates on Amazon||Rates on Amazon|
|Lens Material||Chemically strengthened glass||Corning Glass|
|Material||Case Fiber Reinforced / Bezel Stainless Steel||Fiber Reinforced Polymer|
|QuickFit™ watch band compatible||yes (20 mm, Industry standard)||yes (20 mm, Industry standard)|
|Physical size||42 x 42 x 11.6 mm||42 x 42 x 11.7mm|
|Display Type||Transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP)||Always-on Memory LCD|
|Display resolution||208 x 208 pixels||240 x 240 pixels|
|Battery life||Smartwatch Mode: Up to 14 days|
GPS mode: Up to 20 hours
|20 days smartwatch mode;|
30 hours GPS mode
|Water Resistance||5 ATM||5 ATM|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth®, ANT+®||Bluetooth®, ANT+®|
|Smart Phone Music Control||Yes||No|
|Make calls, send texts & Emails (Android Only)||No||No|
|Memory||Up to 200 hours of activity||64 MB|
|Highlighted Sensors & Features||Heart Rate Monitor|
GPS & GLONASS & GALILEO
Heart Rate Monitor
Single-Frequency Chip Set
GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Beidou, QZSS
|Owner’s Manual||Garmin Forerunner 55 User Manual||Coros Pace 2 User Manual|
Similar Article: Coros Pace 2 vs Garmin Forerunner 255
Key Differences Between the Coros Pace 2 and Forerunner 55:
We have listed the main differences between the Coros Pace 2 and Forerunner 55 based on:
- Design, Size and Display
- Smart Features: Health & Fitness & Tracking
Let’s take a look at them one by one:
Design, Size and Display
- When we compare the physical sizes of Coros Pace 2 vs Forerunner 55, they are almost the same. So, the Pace 2 measures 42 x 42 x 11.7 – mm and the Forerunner 55 measures 42 x 42 x 11.6-mm.
- About the bezel material, the Forerunner 55 is more rugged than the Coros Pace 2 since it has stainless steel bezel. However, their case material is the same which is fiber reinforced polymer.
- These two watches lack touch screen since they are made for running. The touch screens are hard to use and not reliable while running. Therefore, they have buttons instead. Long story short, the Forerunner 55 has 5-buttons and it is easy to navigate in comparison to the Coros Pace 2 which has 2-buttons.
- The screen glass is another difference in between them. The Pace 2 has scratch resistant Corning Gorilla Glass which is very popular and widely used in premium smartwatches. On the other hand, the Forerunner 55 has chemically strengthened glass. So, you can conclude that the glass material of the Pace 2 is better than the Forerunner 55.
- The display resolution of the Coros Pace 2 is way better than the Forerunner 55. The Coros Pace 2 has 240 x 240 pixels Always-on Memory LCD. On the other hand, the Forerunner 55 comes with 208 x 208 pixels transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP).
- Although the display resolution of the Pace 2 is better than the Forerunner 55, the transflective memory-in pixel display of Forerunner 55 works better in the direct sunlight in comparison to the LCD display of Pace 2. So that you will have a better screen readability with the Forerunner 55 than the Pace 2.
- One more thing about their display, the Coros Pace 2 has non-adjustable screen brightness. However, you can adjust the screen brightness in the Garmin Forerunner 55 to save some battery-life.
Battery-life Compared for Pace 2 vs Forerunner 55
It is so clear that the battery-life of Coros Pace 2 lasts longer than the Garmin Forerunner 55.
- On the Smartwatch mode, the battery-life of Coros Pace 2 is up to 20-days, whereas the Garmin Forerunner 55 can last up to 14-days.
- When it comes to the battery-life on GPS mode, the Coros Pace 2 has 30-hours of battery-life, on the other hand the Forerunner 55 has 20-hours.
Smart Features: Health & Fitness & Tracking
- Our favorite feature of the Garmin Forerunner 55 is that it can control the smart phone music as long as your smartphone is with you. On the other hand, the Coros Pace 2 cannot control the smart phone music.
- Although the GPS services in the Forerunner 55 and the Pace 2 are the same, the Forerunner 55 gets the GPS signals slightly faster.
- Considering the heart rate monitoring, both devices are very accurate. However, the Forerunner 55 is again slightly faster when it comes to the reading your heart rate.
- The Forerunner 55 offers more holistic safety and health features in comparison to the Pace 2. For instance, it has the Incident Detection or LiveTrack features. So, if you have your phone with you and it is connected to your Forerunner 55, your family members can follow your workout in real time via LiveTrack. Also, with the help of Incident Detection feature, if there is an anormal activity in your health status, it can send a message to your emergency contacts via your smartphone (the phone must be connected to the watch to use this feature). To sum up, these two features lack in the Coros Pace 2. Therefore, we found the Forerunner 55 more preferable than the Pace 2 considering health status and monitoring.
- When it comes to the available sensors, the Coros Pace 2 has more than the Forerunner 55. The Coros Pace 2 comes with gyroscope, barometric altimeter, compass and thermometer. These sensors lack in the Forerunner 55. The only common sensors are the GPS and the accelerometer.
Related Article: Garmin Forerunner 55 vs 255
Our Verdict for Coros Pace 2 vs Garmin Forerunner 55 Comparison
To sum up, the Coros Pace 2 vs Garmin Forerunner 55 comparison; there are things that Coros Pace 2 does better than the Forerunner 55 such as the battery-life, the screen resolution, glass (Corning Gorilla) and some extra sensors.
However, the GPS and heart rate monitoring accuracy, the adjustable screen brightness and the screen readability under direct sunlight are way better on the Forerunner 55. In addition, the health features in the Forerunner 55 such as LiveTrack and Incident Detection are very nice to have. Moreover, you can control the music in your smart phone via Forerunner 55.
So, we would prefer the Garmin Forerunner 55 over the Coros Pace 2.
You may also want to check out our similar article: Coros Vertix 2 vs Garmin Fenix 7
Here is a useful video about Garmin Forerunner 55:
Here is a useful video about Coros Pace 2: