This time, we will be comparing the Fitbit Charge 5 vs Inspire 2 and list the key differences between them. To begin with, the Charge 5 is the fully-fledged fitness tracker of the Fitbit and offers a lot of premium features. On the other hand, the Inspire 2 is a entry-level smartwatch, but it is the best bang for the buck.
Here is the list of main differences between the Fitbit Charge 5 and Inspire 2 that needs to be highlighted:
- The first notable difference between them is the case material. The Inspire 2 has a plastic case whereas the Charge 5 has a high-end aluminum case. You can conclude that the Charge 5 is more durable than the Inspire 2. But it is slightly heavier as well.
- Another key difference between the Charge 5 and the Inspire 2 is the display type and resolution. The Inspire 2 has a monochrome OLED display. On the other hand, the Charge 5 has color AMOLED display.
- About the screen size, the Charge 5 has 0.86” x 0.58” display size, yet the Inspire 2 is only 0.66″ x 0.50″.
- Again, about the display, the Charge 5 has always-on-display mode, yet Inspire 2 lacks this feature.
- The only thing that Inspire 2 does better than the Charge 5 is the battery-life. The battery of Inspire 2 can last up to 10 days. However, Charge 5 has a battery-life up to 7 days.
- The Charge 5 has SpO2 blood oxygen measuring sensor. It gives the oxygen level in your blood which can be helpful to understand the significant changes in your well-being. The Inspire 2 lacks this feature.
- About the other health features, Charge 5 comes with ECG and EDA sensors that you might find very helpful. Basically, the ECG sensor records the electrocardiogram and shows data of your heart beat which is a great feature for a fitness tracker watch. Even some premium watches of Garmin lack this feature, whereas you can get it with the Fitbit Charge 5. About the EDA sensor, it measures the electrodermal activity and checks the electrical changes on your skin to measure your stress level. Long story short, both ECG and EDA sensors are built into the Charge 5. On the other hand, the Inspire 2 is missing these features.
- The Inspire 2 lacks Near Field Communication (NFC) feature which is being used to transfer data between devices that are close to each other. Again, the Inspire 2 has no GPS. So, you will need to bring your smartphone to track your route during workout. When it comes to the Charge 5, it includes both NFC and GPS.
- All these extra features and sensors that comes with only Fitbit Charge 5 adds up to its price. Therefore, it is more expensive than the Fitbit Inspire 2. You can check out the latest deals & discounts on Amazon via following links: Fitbit Charge 5 / Fitbit Inspire 2
Similar Article: Fitbit Luxe vs Inspire 2 Compared
Key differences between the Charge and the Inspire
Here, we have listed the key points and differences between the Fitbit Charge 5 and Inspire 2 in the table below:
|Comparison of #||Fitbit Charge 5||Fitbit Inspire 2|
|Selection for||Mid-Level Fitness Tracker||Best Bang for the Buck Fitness Tracker|
|Price||Check Rates on Amazon||Check Rates on Amazon|
|Battery-life||Up to 7 days||Up to 10 days|
|Touch Screen||Color AMOLED||Monochrome OLED|
|Display Size||0.86” x 0.58”||0.66″ x 0.50″|
|SpO2 (Blood Oxygen)||Yes||No|
|Always on Display||Yes||No|
|Alexa & Google Assistant||Yes||No|
|On-Wrist Fitbit Pay||Yes||No|
|Heart Rate Monitoring||Yes||Yes|
|Compatible with iOS and Android||Yes||Yes|
|Skin Temperature Variation||Yes||Yes|
|Water Resistance||50 meters||50-meters|
|Sleep tracking and Score||Yes||Yes|
|Text, call & app notification||Yes||Yes|
|Store & Play Music||No||No|
Both Charge 5 and Inspire 2 are the fitness trackers that can meet most of your needs. However, for more premium features such as storing or playing music. You can consider the Fitbit Sense or the Versa 3. Here is our article that compares “Fitbit Sense vs Versa 3”.
Or if you can afford more, you may want to consider the Garmin Venu 2 or the Vivoactive 4 which are the top-notch fitness trackers in the market place. You can take a look at our “Garmin Venu 2 vs Vivoactive 4” comparison article to read further on this topic.
Bottom-line for Fitbit Charge 5 vs Inspire 2 Comparison
If you are wondering which one is better, the Fitbit Charge 5 or the Inspire 2, here is our verdict:
If you are looking for a simple fitness tracker, the features of the Charge 5 such as ECG and EDA could be overkill for you. In this case, the Inspire 2 will be better than the Charge 5 in terms of price tag. When it comes to the battery-life, the Inspire 2 does a better job than the Charge 5.
However, the built-in GPS on the Charge 5 is a great feature. So that you don’t need to bring your phone with you to track your route during the workout. Also, the Charge 5 has a larger and color display screen, whereas the Inspire 2 has monochrome and smaller. Because of these two reasons, we prefer the Charge 5 over the Inspire 2.
You can also check out the following articles where we compared the Fitbit with the Apple products: