In this post, we are going to compare Coros vs Garmin and list the key differences between them. Since these two are really popular amongst the other smartwatch companies, most probably you are asking which one is better Coros or Garmin.
Next, we will compare the most popular smartwatches of these two brands. Then, we will list the key differences between Coros and Garmin watches including design, size, display, battery-life, and health, tracking and fitness features. So, you will have a clear picture of which one is worth buying.
Here is the list of the product-wise comparison of Coros vs Garmin:
- Coros Pace 2 vs Garmin Forerunner 255
- Coros Pace 2 vs Garmin Forerunner 55
- Coros Vertix 2 vs Garmin Fenix 7 (and their variants)
In the following section, we have listed the main differences between Coros and Garmin smartwatches.
Garmin Key Differences Between Coros and Garmin Smartwatches
Based on our observations, here is the main differences between Coros and Garmin:
- Garmin has more health status and monitoring features than the Coros.
- The sensor readings such as GPS and heart rate monitoring are slightly faster on the Garmin.
- Even in the entry-level watches of Garmin, includes some premium features of the high-end products. On the other hand, Coros offers usually the essential features and the sensors (Exception: Coros Vertix 2) to be more affordable. As a result, the Garmin products are usually more expensive than the Coros’s.
- In general, the Garmin smartwatches have better readability on their screen due to the transflective memory-in pixels (MIP) in comparison to the Coros watches.
- Also, the most of the Garmin watches are incorporated with the high-end versions of Corning Gorilla Glass. Although, the Coros watches has the Corning Gorilla Glass, they have the older variants.
- Some of both Coros and Garmin watches have Sapphire editions. On these models, the glass is made of Sapphire crystals which are the most scratch resistant material out there.
- Usually, Garmin watches offer more battery-life in comparison to the Coros watches for the ones in the same class (An exception: Check out Vertix vs Fenix). Also, Garmin watches such as the Forerunner 955 and Fenix 7 models have solar options. These are the models that have extended battery-life as long as they are exposed to sunlight.
- Garmin Smartwatches are more versatile than the Coros watches. Because, there are too many variants of each model in Garmin smartwatch family. Also, the functions and the features alter based on which variant (edition) you pick. So, in this way, the end user can make a choice in line with his/her needs.
- Moreover, the Garmin watches have different case size options for the same model family. On the other hand, the Coros comes with only one case size option for each model.
Also, Suunto produces darn good smartwatches and you might wonder which one is better, Suunto or Garmin. You can check out our comparison article “Garmin vs Suunto” to read further on this.